Saturday, February 4, 2012

Awesome Sites

There are plenty other Star Wars fan sites around the web that we enjoy checking out. To share the other awesome websites, we decided to write a whole post on our favorites!

Savanna's Choices

The Star Wars Underworld- Along with TLF (listed in Fallon's Choices), this place really helped me get back into Star Wars last year. It's a fan community that started on Facebook and has quickly grown to over 5,500 fans in less than 2 years! I love the SWU because everyone is so nice and (obviously) loves Star Wars. The Facebook page is a great way to talk with other fans and share breaking news about anything going on with SW/TCW. I've made many friends over there since I found the page in September 2011 and I'd call many of them my best friends. Many people have conflicting opinions on The Clone Wars but we've all learned to respect each others views on the show. Head on over to the SWU Facebook page to see all the epicness and look at their other websites/accounts on the "Info" page. You won't regret it!

Padawan's Guide- Oh my gosh...I've spent hours on this website before. As a Star Wars cosplayer, this is one of the ultimate sources for Jedi costumes. It has a bunch of pictures of costumes used in both trilogies. I personally like the costume info on the prequel outfits best. I've also been obsessing over this website recently- Carpe Mindiem. This lady is making a screen accurate Zam Wesell costume (aka my dream). She's also been tracking the cost of each little item to make up the outfit.

Jedi With A Purpose- This is actually Fallon's Tumblr blog but I love it SO much that I couldn't leave it out of my list. She blogs hilarious pictures about all of her various fandoms over there and many of them are of Star Wars! I can say that I check this easily 15 times a day...just to make sure I haven't missed anything that Fallon's posted. The design is also pretty freaking rad, if I do say so myself.

Fallon's Choices

The Lakehouse Forums-  As a moderator and co-creator of The Lakehouse Forums, I can say that it is the best place out there for girl Star Wars fans who want a safe, friendly, and Christian environment. I spend a lot of time and energy working on TLF and it's issues and kinks...along with my fellow moderators and our amazing admin. I've met friends (including Savanna!) and made connections I never thought possible before through the people I've met on TLF. We've got nearly 100 members, and almost all of them are fairly active. This forum is a great place, and I personally guarantee you will not regret joining!

Her Universe- Without this place, I would not be the Star Wars fan I am today.  The Lakehouse Forums wouldn't even exist. I would most definitely not have met Savanna, nor any of my other TLF sisters/friends. Ashley Eckstein is an inspiration and a role model to me, and between the clothes and blog posts, she's got a great site!! Definitely check it out!

Star Wars Fanfiction- MY LIFE!!! I have wasted so many hours on Fanfiction...both reading it and writing it. This is the Star Wars archive, and I love reading all kinds of new stories from here!! Be warned of ratings and other things, but enjoy!! I'll link to my own page for some self promotion...go here. And I encourage those of you not into fanfiction to give it a try...there are some great stories out there.

What are some of your favorite Star Wars internet hot spots?  Let us know!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I spent so long on these sites! I especially love the costumes! I was looking at them all on Wookiepedia!
    The Forcebook is also a good site- but I guess everyone that loves star wars is already on there :P

    ReplyDelete

Spammers? Move along...move along... Everyone else? Be kind, and May the Force be with You!