Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones...only the most epic adventure hero in all of movie history. Played by the same man who portrayed Han Solo, Harrison Ford brings so much charm and freaking good looks to Indy. I fell in love with this character at a very young age. My older brother absolutely loved playing Indiana Jones and watching the movies. Recently, I've become an even bigger fan of Indy. Sometimes I wonder if it's just for the fact of his good looks.....*cough* ok, yeah maybe *cough*. Nah, outside of Indiana Jones' -ahem- HOT appearance, there are plenty of others things to love! They've got tons of action, adventure, suspense, comedy, and romance. And hello people, have you seen his awesome hat and whip? What's not to love?!

If you're not familiar with this movie franchise, let me brief you a little bit. Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones is an archaeologist during the 1930's and 50's. In the first movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana is sent by the government to locate the Ark of the Covenant before the Nazis. The second movie, The Temple of Doom, is about Indiana Jones, Willie Scott, and Short Round adventuring in India to overcome Mola Rom's evil power. The third film, The Lase Crusade, shows Indiana Jones and others searching for the Holy Grail. Then the final movie, The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, shows Indy and his son, Mutt Williams, racing against Soviet agents to find the crystal skull.

My personal (and Fallon's) favorite movie is The Temple of Doom for many reasons. First off, it has tons of great comedy between Dr. Jones and his little Chinese sidekick, Short Round. I'm also a huge fan of Willie Scott, Indy's love interest in TOD. She's always overly dramatic and constantly complains about her hair or nails in serious situations. Kate Capshaw is a beautiful and very fantastic actress for this kind of role. She had to suffer through snakes, bugs, and nasty conditions while filming TOD...something she deserves major props for! The plot of this whole story was quite dark and slightly scary but nothing that a teenager couldn't handle. Plus, Indiana Jones gets a some very nice fight scenes towards the end of the movie that will make any fangirl squeal with delight (ladies, if you've seen this move, you know what I'm talking about *wink*).

As for Raiders of the Lost Ark, this is an incredible Indy movie! Some may say that ROTLA is better than TOD...I can understand their point of view. Depending on your personal taste in story and action, this one could easily be your favorite. I love all of the cool charm that Harrison Ford gives to Indy in ROTLA. Since this was the first installment of the franchise, it's become and iconic symbol of Indiana Jones and holds a special place in the hearts of many fans.

I'm not a big fan of The Last Crusade or Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. They aren't bad movies, by any means...it's just that I prefer TOD and ROTLA much more. I'll discuss my thoughts on TLC and KOTCS in a future post.

I also had to throw in some of my favorite quotes from the Indiana Jones movies before wrapping up this post:

"WE. ARE. GOING. TO. DIE." -Indiana in The Temple of Doom
"Ah! I burnt my fingers and I cracked a nail!" -Willie Scott in The Temple of Doom
"We are...not thirsty." -Major Toht in Raiders of the Lost Ark
"He chose poorly." the Knight in The Last Crusade
"Come on! Show a little backbone, will ya?!" -Jock in Raiders of the Lost Ark

What's your favorite Indiana Jones movie and why do you like these films?

6 comments:

  1. *girlish squeals*
    I loved The Last Crusade the best!
    a) It has Sean Connery, aka Henry Jones Sr whose character I love.
    b) Part of it takes place in a library.
    c) I loved the interaction between Indy and his dad.
    But TOD is good too, as is ROTLA. They are all pretty fun movies, except TOD was really dark. And I think Short Round is the best kid sidekick ever. He isn't annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Snakes, why does it have to be snakes?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. awsome post I am ashamed to say that i have yet to see these movies but they look awsome and i mean its harrison ford so yeah i definitly need to get on watching them lol anyway fantastic post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I only saw Radiers but I love Indiana! Why do I like it? Because if adventure has a name it must be Indiana Jones!

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a really good post! I love the whole Indiana Jones franchise. I think it has a great storyline, and who doesn't love Harrison Ford. lol :D The Lego Indiana Jones video games are really fun too! I've been replaying the first one lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WARNING, there is a small spoiler in my comment.
    I love the Indiana Jones's movies! They aren't in my top favorite list but I still really enjoy them. My favorites would probably be a tie between ROTLA and KOTCS because I really like the story line in that one though I like all four of them a lot.
    The funniest part out of all the movie for me was when Hitler autographed the book the Nazi's were looking for; that scene was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers? Move along...move along... Everyone else? Be kind, and May the Force be with You!