Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Female Characters

This is what Fangirls on Felucia is all about!! The girls of Star Wars, the strong women who we can look up to, as fangirls, from a fictional standpoint. Savanna and I will each list our favorite three awesome women in this post.

Fallon's Favorites

Mara Jade-Skywalker-  Mara Jade is actually my favorite character in the entire Star Wars saga.  She's inspiring, she's  kick-butt, and she's married to Luke, which is an automatic plus.  Mara was taken from her family at a very young age, and was raised by the Emperor himself, to become the most feared assassin in the galaxy.  When the Emperor was killed during the Battle of Endor, Mara was left completely alone. She literally didn't exist.  Mara didn't let the death of her entire life hold her back from creating a new one.  She went into business with Talon Karrde, and eventually became one of the best Smugglers ever, next to Han Solo, of course.  Then, Luke Skywalker (the bane of Mara's existence since her master's death), came into her life.  Mara wanted nothing more than to murder Luke Skywalker.....and after meeting him, and finding it hard to do so, she and her nemesis become unlikely allies.  Ten years later, the two fall in love and marry.  Mara is my favorite character because even when things seemed like she could never possibly move on, she did.  Multiple times.  She beat disease, and eventually she became a heroine.  She's a Jedi, a Smuggler, a mother, a wife, and the most amazing and complex character I've ever seen.  


Mirax Terrik-Horn-  Mirax Terrik-Horn is my second favorite Star Wars character!!  She is the definition of EPIC.  Literally.  Mirax's father is the famous Booster Terrik, smuggler and pirate of sorts.  Mirax was raised by her father, and she was raised a smuggler.  That was her life, and it made her awesome.  She eventually joined with the New Republic, (unofficially, I believe) and through her childhood best friend, Wedge Antilles, met her husband, Corran Horn.  Like most Star Wars romances, Corran and Mirax hate each other at first.  Their families had deep dislike for each other, and eventually though, came to falling in love.  Mirax is kick-butt as well, and she's downright hilarious.  I just can't get over how awesome she is.


Winter Retrac-Celchu- Winter!!!  Winter is also amazing.  She's Princess Leia's best friend and adoptive sister since they were little kids, and Winter is the galaxy's best super spy.  She can go undercover as anyone, anytime, making her the top agent in NRI (New Republic Intelligence).  Winter is Alderaanian, and she marries the incredible Tycho Celchu, also Alderaanian.  I think they're perfect for each other, and honestly, Winter is an awesome chick by herself!!  I love Winter in the comics and books that I've read about her in, and her perfect memory is just so cool.  I love her character, and I can't wait to learn everything I can about her and Tycho's relationship as I tackle the Rogue Squadron books this year.  

Savanna's Favorites


Leia Organa- This princess is beyond epic! I've explained my points many times before about why I admire her so much. Leia's strong-willed personality makes it easy for women to relate to her. Ever since I first saw her in A New Hope, I wanted to be that cool chick with a blaster! She played such an important role in the original trilogy. I think that she handled the shock of Vader being her father and Luke being her brother well. Leia is also pretty cool in the Expanded Universe when she's raising her three children. And there's no way that you could forget about her romance story with the one and only, Han Solo. *sigh*

Ahsoka Tano- Wow, what a character! Ahsoka Tano has definitely made a huge impact on young fangirls everywhere. I think that since Ahsoka is a Padawan facing difficult points in her life, girls can relate to her situation. She handles the trials and issues of growing up in a respectable matter...I admire her for that. Just like her Master, Ahsoka's not afraid of a fight either. It's cool how she's always ready to kick some Separatist butt. On the other hand, Ahsoka can also be a little annoying. Then again, she is a teenager so I can give her some slack there. Ha ha!

Fallon and I agreed to talk about 3 characters each for this post but, honestly, I can't think of a third! Some of you might be wondering why we didn't discuss Padme Amidala but, personally, I don't like Padme so I couldn't really talk about her in a positive way. I do think that ladies like Bo-Katan, Aurra Sing, and Zam Wesell are very cool but they're aren't quite the "positive" role models...if you get what I mean.


Now that you've read all about our favorite female characters, we have a question for you. Who are your favorite ladies of Star Wars and why?

8 comments:

  1. my favs are:
    padme'
    satele shan
    mara jade
    juno
    why: i just do. love padme' the most ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siri Tachi is definitely my favorite female Star Wars Character! She's an awesome fighter, she isn't a pushover, is a tomboy, and is sort of like me. Plus she gets Obi-Wan Kenobi which is great; they work quite well together and are on an equal level.

    I also really like Jaina Solo, Tahiri Veila, Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura, Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee, Tenel Ka, Adi Gallia, Stass Allie, Nomi Sunrider, Vima Sunrider, Meetra Surik(Jedi Exile), Satele Shan, Bastila Shan, Darra Thel-Tanis, Ahsoka Tano, Padme Amidala, Bant Eerin, Yaddle, Leia Organa, and Mara Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice list. i can't believe i 4got some of them. head palm. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Aayla :)
      That's okay, I've done that before :D

      Delete
  3. uh, I don't know....I guess I like Leia because she is quintessential Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *excited face!!*

    TAHIRI VEILA!!! :D Hehe, 'cause she gets Anakin Solo!!! Who is mine, btw. >->
    And, Ahsoka, Leia, Mara Jade (!!!), aaand, well I won't list anymore because I'd end up listing every female character. :P ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahsoka, Leia and Mara Jade. Padmè is a close fourth, but usually Danni Quee or Aayla Secura take that slot. Satine is also cool too :D

    But Ahsoka takes GOLD! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really liking Mara Jade so far in the Thrawn trilogy. After I finish I think she will be up there with Leia and Bastila.

    -James

    ReplyDelete

Spammers? Move along...move along... Everyone else? Be kind, and May the Force be with You!